07.28.18: Teen Titans Go, Fantastic Art, Storms, and Playgrounds

Saturday, 28 July 2018
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Weather: High of low 70’s, Low of 50’s with sunny skies and intermittent rain showers, flash flooding, and down pours with some hail.

Sir Oisin awoke around 6:30 am before the Prince even started to stir. The tiny house’s passive solar kept them very warm through the night, even having to open a window to cool down a bit. Oisin tried to finish “Occupation” but was having computer issues and had to reboot. He then switched to writing, finishing some blogs and video journals. The Prince awoke at 7:30 am, and whilst Oisin had planed to work a 8 am to 9 am shift with Company 5 he just felt drained and overwhelmed, not feeling it, and wanted to let the Prince sleep in. Lord Jesse was getting ready to head off to Boulder to work Farm to Table shift.

Teen Titans Go to the Movies at Tinseltown

SHIFT ONE: COMPANY ONE: 9 AM – 10 AM: (No Offers/Jobs)

For breakfast, Sir Oisin made the Prince and he some left-over waffles, hash browns, bacon, and a omelette. The Prince didn’t eat that much. Dad finished up leftovers and finally completed “Occupation”. They logged in at 9 am and didn’t receive a single call for deliveries until 10 am. Movie Pass making changes with not allowing customers to watch premium offerings without a surcharge and started an insane idea of charging for first premiere films. Oisin is getting really tired of Movie Pass‘s issues and collapse. He understands the financial woes they are facing and its hard to figure out how they are actually making money. Since there were no calls for work for the morning, Oisin cancelled the remaining shift so that they could take advantage of the first running of “Teen Titans Go to the Movies” as it wasn’t blocked for the morning showing and didn’t have to pay a premium surcharge. They took the morning off with Company One for a much needed break, closing out the shifts 10 am to 1:30 pm, only scheduled now to work 4 pm to 8 pm. They took the day to themselves and headed off to Tinseltown for the show. They were a bit concerned that Movie Pass may have some more issues since they ran out of money the last 24 hours and turned folks away.


Fantastic Art Gallery Exhibit

At Tinseltown Sir Oisin and the Prince grabbed snacks from the cafe, having Starbucks Vanilla Bean Venti Frappacino’s, the Prince a bowl of vanilla ice cream, and Dad a deep fried Twinkies with a scoop of ice cream. Oddly the Prince didn’t like the deep fried Twinkies (though actually refused to try it) and a former movie going, dad actually had to eat his. They both sat and watched “Teen Titans Go” and enjoyed the cartoon movie very much. The Prince was excited and thought it was the best movie ever.

As they passed the Double Tree Hotel, they pulled in and parked to go view the “Fantastic Art Gallery Exhibit” displaying art from Alice in Wonderland, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, and many other fantasy themed topics. It wasn’t what Sir Oisin expected, hoping for more interactive displays as was his impression from the ads. They stood in a long line got into the room and it was just simply vending tables of the art to peruse. It was a long congested mess. They did give every group a free print – so the Prince got a spectacular print of Darth Vader. He was quite pleased. They left quickly after a walk through and played Darth Vader / Luke Skywalker role playing in the car on the way home.

At home the Prince and his dad had a nice three hour lunch break before starting the evening / late afternoon shift. They finished up their Captain D’s seafood and chicken tenders left overs for lunch. Dad also had some Ramen noodle soup that the Prince wasn’t interested in. They both took a little afternoon nap falling asleep to the movie “2024” which wasn’t very good. They finished up laundry, took baths, played, and rested. A torrential rain storm came through, pushing flash floods and another heavy soaking of the earth with additional hail pommeling the civilization. It then raised to 81 degrees Fahrenheit with clear blue skies and light haze. After about 5 days of no contact, the Prince finally got a call from his mom while they were in the movies so they tried to call back and got no answer. They tried several more times but no answer. They assumed it was a rough transition for Lady Etain because she switched from a night schedule to a day schedule.


They got a call for a delivery around 4 pm when they logged in and headed off to Buffalo Wild Wings, finally a run with a decent tip. They began their 4 pm to 8 pm shift with minimal deliveries for a four hour shift in the day. Hopefully Sir Oisin hoped they could make it prosperous as they much needed the funding which conflicted with their much need for a break having worked every day for who knows when during the daily grind. During the Wings drop-off at the hospital, the Prince found a black USB plug adapter with two green USB cords in it. There were no cars around and it was nestled in the street/culvert. he was ecstatic about his treasure find proclaiming to dad he no longer needed to use the other cords. Luckily it worked great with the Prince’s kindle. The sparkly second cord however seemed not to work. They dropped by the playground next to the hospital for their break between deliveries … the Prince remembering the park as the place where he’s attended a friend’s birthday party for the last two years.

The Prince is developing well with his climbing and adventurous spirit, he shimmied up the rock wall and confident with his new heights achieved. Dad was proud. He climbed up the slides, stairs, and monkey bars. He climbed in a series of tunnels he made as a fort that dad said would protect him from the zombie attack playing as if it was a castle. A haze was forming around the mountains again and they couldn’t figure out if more rain was on the horizon or not. It looked however like it was clearing up. They had a good 20 minute break at the park. The Prince met three boys a little older than he and they invited him to play with them during tag and races around the playground.

The next call was shortly after 5 pm to Il Vicino Wood Oven Pizza. The pickup and delivery went very well.


During the final shift for the day, they had a run to OKA Ramen off Centennial. Oisin always loves doing deliveries for this restaurant. They then were called back for a second delivery there with enough time between deliveries to grab gas at King Soopers. Sir Oisin had earned 10 cents off with his King Soopers card so gas was a bit cheaper costing $43.29 to fill up the tank on dead empty. They then drove down Centennial, had enough time to stop at Starbucks for their Chai Creme Frappacino and waters before picking up the other OKA Ramen order. They also stopped into Safeway to look what they would like for dinner. The skies were darkening and another storm on the horizon soon to hit. The timing of the rain was disappointing as more remnants of the monsoons hit eliminating a much wanted hike for the duo. The Prince really wanted to take a hike but it was a downpour.

They were then called to Famous Dave’s BBQ around 7 pm for a pickup and delivery. Oisin ran in to grab it and hoped that no flooding would hit them. They finished the drop off and was called off to a double pickup order from On the Border. It paid Okay but was not very grand, especially with tipping. This would be the last orders for the day Oisin told the Prince. One of the customers only tipped 40 cents on the app. Really? Really? Oisin proclaimed “come on people … you’re essentially a no tipper if you are going to be that cheap, don’t bother tipping so you will be added to the no tipper list.” Frustrated because he drove through flash flooding, downpours, and dangerous weather to bring them their food. The second customer was a decent tipper so it made up for the loss a little.

Dissatisfied with the selections at Safeway, the duo headed to Trader Joe’s to hunt for dinner selections. They always have a good time at Trader Joe’s. The Prince grabbed the kid’s cart, sped around and had a heyday in the aisles. They picked up a lasagna for dinner and headed home. They played together, read a book, and the Prince fell asleep shortly after. Dad watched “Captain Fantastic” which he thought was a fabulous inspirational film for off the grid folks like he wants to be. He went to bed afterwards exhausted, having a good night.

Sir Thomas

Mileage: 73 miles

Prince Cian eating ice cream at Tinseltown, Tales of a Delivery Driver: Chronicle 28 – Chronicles of Sir Thomas Leaf and Prince Cian. Adventures in Colorado. Photos taken July 28, 2018. To read the adventures, visit http://www.technogypsie.com/chronicles/?p=39039. To read reviews, visit: www.technogypsie.com/reviews. All photos and articles (c) 2018. Technogypsie.com – by Leaf McGowan and Thomas Baurley. All rights reserved. www.technogypsie.com/photography. More info about Colorado Springs: http://www.technogypsie.com/reviews/?p=31051


Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.
Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Bitte drucken Sie diese Webseite nicht

Unnötiges Drucken verursacht nicht nur unnötige Kosten für Papier und Tinte/Toner. Produktion und Transport dieser Verbrauchsmaterialien hat auch negative Auswirkungen auf die Umwelt. Jede nicht ausgedruckte Webseite hilft die Papierverschwendung zu reduzieren und damit die Umwelt zu entlasten.

Benutzen sie statt dessen bitte den PDF-Download auf der Seite, die Sie drucken wollten.

Powered by "Unprintable Blog" für Wordpress - www.greencp.de