The industry standard today is for the complete digitization of your documents, files, forms, and data. It certainly is still a good idea to keep paper copies, but with storage prices at the premium, archival methods become tricky. Just as one can experience data loss, one can experience critical loss of permament documents. It is recommended to keep at least the permanent hard copies, but also several digital copies of that data stored in several locations. The cloud is the booming source for the easiest to obtain duplicates and files at your fingertips. However, most companies as well as individuals possess years upon years of paper files – all of which somehow missed digital data archiving.
The time is now to digitize these documents.
Technogypsie Productions and Leafworks Research can help you with this endeavour with skilled methods of not only archiving the data, but storing them in a system that works for you in retrieval, access, and management.
We are specialists with Curation, Conservation, Archive and Data Management.
We are highly skilled with scanning technology, conversion to Adobe PDF documents, and archiving with Adobe Acrobat Profession, ArcGIS, Past Perfect, Access, NEAT, and most cloud archival programs.
We can either pick up your documents for scanning or come to your office and scan from there. They can be stored on portable drive, cd/dvd, cloud, or database for you.
Our rates are affordable and streamlined for your budget and needs.
- These services will help you:
- Go Paperless
- Achieve the Federal Paperless Reduction Act
- Retrieve documents easier and sensibly
- Access documents from remote locations
- Comply with retrieval laws
- improve office work flow
- lower storage and archive costs
We do not use automation. Your documents are scanned by professional scanners, monitored and cross checked by the human eye, and are handled properly. You can save costs by providing documents without clips, staples, or binding – or you can have us do that for you.
- We meet to consult your needs and requirements either by phone or at your office.
- A quote will be estimated for the project. We can do either package deals or price per hour.
- Contract signed and we require half paid up front for the project.
- You’ll either drop off or we’ll pick up the documents for scanning. You can save money by prepping them in removing bindings, staples, and clips – or you can include this extra service in the package.
- Documents will be scanned either in color or monotone, your choice. We’ll monitor scanning as it is conducted.
- Documents are preferably scanned into PDF format so they can be indexed.
- For an extra fee, these can be meta-tagged and indexed for easier access and use.
- Documents are saved either on CD/DVD/ or portable hard drive, your choice, your cost. We can also upload them to a cloud service if you utilize one.
Have old photos you’d like to digitize? We can scan them in for you and archive them. $10 minimum per project.
Standard photo sizes = 50 cents each photo at 300 dpi, 75 cents at 600 dpi.
Photos over 3×5 = $1.00 each at 300 dpi, $1.50 at 600 dpi.
Photos can be placed on CD/DVD/ or photo drive for you. There is a $5 charge per CD/DVD created.
If you’d like each photo to be meta-tagged, an additional $1 charge per photo will be added.
Photos can be saved in JPG, PNG, TIF, PSD, or PDF formats.
Making e-books are also a great way to go digital.
A 300 page book scanned and converted to PDF, manipulated, checked, and processed will take abou 3-4 hours. The charge is approximately $50-$75 depending on color, binding, and size.
A cubic foot of records comprises approximately 2,000 pages. The average archive box is 5 inches.
Our estimates are based on typical library/archive management procedures / timelines / and charts. See here: http://digital.uflib.ufl.edu/technologies/documentation/average_times.htm